Wednesday, July 25, 2012

A New Beginning


Hello and welcome to the Eagles Insider,

First off, I'd like to start by announcing that, effective immediately, I am taking over as the Director of Media Relations and play-by-play broadcaster for the Surrey Eagles on the BCHL.

This is a very exciting opportunity for me. I’m thrilled to be joining an organization that has a reputation for excelling both on and off the ice, and I can’t wait for the season to begin.

I have wanted to be a play-by-play broadcaster since about the age of five, and my career began calling road hockey games in the carport of my Coquitlam home. More recently, I am a graduate of BCIT's Broadcast Journalism program, and I currently work as an announcer and reporter for TEAM Radio in Vancouver, covering the Vancouver Canucks, BC Lions and much more. I will continue my work at the radio station in addition to my new role with the Eagles.

As a result of this opportunity, I am leaving my position as the public address announcer with the Coquitlam Express -- a post I've held for the last three seasons. I'd like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who made my time with the hockey club in Coquitlam so enjoyable, specifically Darcy Rota, Taralynn Reburn, Ray de Julius, Eddie Gregory and Dr. Scott Morrison. I'm sure I'll see all of you around the rinks this season.

Over the coming days, months and years, I hope to keep you up to date on all of the happenings around the Surrey Eagles, and one of the ways of doing that is with this blog. As the season ramps up I'll provide game previews, recaps, interviews, feature stories and much more here on the Eagles Insider.

I hope you're as excited as I am to get the season underway.

Sincerely,

Brendan Batchelor
Director of Media Relations
Surrey Eagles Hockey Club



No comments:

Post a Comment